Crash Course in Arduino
This course is an international course that is taught in English basically.It will offer the basicknowledge of The Arduino Platform and C Programming Arduino Programming using C Language Fig(1) and practical training on wide range of versatile projects. It will be the first step to allow you to be able to implement any project on this platform. This course is oriented to all engineering students with different specializations.
This would allow the participant to learn how to deal with and program Microcontrollers and set interfacing to external sensors and actuators Fig(3). This would allow students to be integrated in the university research environment. The student would also work on small projects that will reflect full understanding of the course contents. The course will be ended with a final project which is going to be a collection of all ideas that have be discussed during the course.
The course will cover the following points:
- Hardware specs of Arduino
- Setting up the operating system, all needed software and other component
- Basic of C programming Language, Arduino IDE Fig(3).
- ADC, Arduino connection with Temperature Sensors LM35,LDR, Humidity Sensor
- LCD, Data writing and Control
- PWM, Arduino controlling DC motor, LED dimmer, DAC
- Timers/Counters, Digital Clocks with Seven Segment Display, Frequency meter
- USART, Arduino communication with serial port in PCs
- SPI,I2C synchronous communication protocols, External RTC,SD cards
- Shift register, LED Matrix programming, moving signs
- Infrared sensor, Ultrasonic sensor
Fig 1. Arduino Mega 2560
Fig 2. Arduino IDE
Fig 3. Arduino Toolkit
Length of this course:
Around 20 sessions.Prerequisites:
• Basic knowledge of any programming languages.
• Basic knowledge in electronics.
• A lot of willing and passion in these fields.
Course Languages: Mixed Deutsch, English, Arabic.
What to bring with you ?
Only Laptop is needed for the practical part.
Course Instructor: M.Eng. Ahmad Abdulkarim SHARIFA
Course responsible staff and Coordinator: Prof. Wael ADI
Coordinator: Bakri BOUSTAJI
Institut für Datentechnik und Kommunikationsnetze(11.Etage) Zimmer (1121),
Hans-Sommer-Straße 66| 38106 Braunschweig
Course Fees: Free
Registration Link: (click here)
for futher information Bakri BOUSTAJI, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• EE Department at the technical University of Braunschweig (SQM Funding)
• Lotto Sport Stiftung