Crash course in Arduino
This course will offer the basic knowledge of Arduino Programming using C Language and practical training on wide range of versatile projects. It will be the first step to allow you to be able to implement any project on this platform. This course is oriented to all engineering students with different specializations.
This would allow the participant to learn how to deal with and program microcontrollers and set interfacing to external sensors and actuators. Moreover, this would allow students to be integrated in the university research environment. The student would also work on small projects that will reflect full understanding of the course contents. The course will be ended with a final project which is going to be a collection of all ideas that have be discussed during the course.
The course will cover the following points:
- Hardware specs of Arduino
- Setting up the operating system, all needed software and other components
- Basic of C programming Language, Arduino IDE, CodVision, mikroC, Atmel Studio.
- ADC, Arduino connection with Temperature Sensors LM35,LDR, Humidity Sensor
- LCD, Data writing and Control.
- PWM, Arduino controlling DC motor, LED dimmer, DAC.
- Timers/Counters, Digital Clocks with Seven Segment Display, Frequency meter.
- USART, Arduino communication with serial port in PCs
- SPI,I2C synchronous communication protocols, External RTC,SD cards
- Shift register, LED Matrix programming, moving signs
- Infrared sensor, Ultrasonic sensor
Length of this course:
Around 15 sessions.
- Basic knowledge of any programming languages.
- Basic knowledge in electronics.
- A lot of willing and passion in these fields.
What to bring with you ?
Only Laptop is needed for the practical part.
Course Instructor: Eng. Ahmad Abdulkarim SHARIFA
Course responsible staff and Coordinator: Prof. Wael Adi
– EE Department at the technical University Braunschweig